Laptop/Notebook::Best Seller notebook::Accessories notebook::new laptop::Find Best Laptop::Buy notebook

Review ( Acer TravelMate 4000LCi )

I was recently shopping for a notebook to replace my existing Dell laptop and finally decided on the Acer TravelMate 4000LCi. Having previously used Acer, Compaq, Toshiba, & Dell during the last 5-years I knew I wanted to avoid certain pitfalls of my previous notebooks. However, due to budget constraints the 'ideal' notebook fell beyond my limited means. After much research among these brands and comparing of specifications and prices I settled for the Acer 4000LCi as it seemed to offer the best money for value.


Acer TravelMate 4000LCi (view large image)

So how did this Acer perform? Did I make the right decision and was it really value for my money? As they say, the taste of the pie is in the eating! On to the review, and let's first look at the specifications.

Specifications

  • Intel Centrino M Processor 1.4 GHz
  • Intel Pro Wireless 2100
  • Intel 855GME Chipset
  • 512 MB RAM
  • 40 GB ATA/100 HDD
  • 15" XGA TFT Color LCD Monitor
  • DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive
  • 3 x USB 2.0 ports
  • 1 x IEEE 1394 (Firewire)
  • 1 x TV out
  • Lithium-Ion Battery (5 Hours Battery life)
  • Windows XP Home Edition

Purchasing

The TM4000 was purchased for $1180 complete with a 3 year-extended warranty from a computer store rather than online as this store had immediate stock and furthermore they gave me a free 128 MB thumb drive. There are slightly lower prices to be obtained online, but I prefer buying from.. Detail..

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates 2008

Back to TOP